It’s been a while since I’ve tried out any new diapers, and with all the diapers I have tried, it’s sort of ironic that it’s taken me this long to try out one of the most popular brands out there. When I was given the opportunity to have my pick at any cloth diaper from the Happy Cotton Tails online store, I just had to try out the BumGenius 4.0.
About BumGenius 4.0
- NEW! Durable snap closures help keep diapers on older babies.
- NEW! Generous sizing accommodates larger babies.
- NEW! Easily replaceable elastic keeps your diapers fresh.
- 3×3 snap down design adjusts the sizing to fit small, medium and large sizes (approximately 7-35+ pounds).
- Trim, snug and comfortable stretchy tabs provide a custom fit.
- Waterproof insert stopper prevents leaking at the tummy.
- Diapers are bundled with two inserts: a newborn insert for newborns and a one-size insert for your older baby.
- Wide slot opening makes it easy to stuff and remove insert.
- Slot cover protects your baby from wetness.
I chose the BumGenius 4.0 in Zinnia with snaps. Zinnia is the perfect shade of pink! It’s not too bright or too light. The snaps aren’t as easy to snap together as the other brands we have, but that could also be due to the fact that we haven’t broken them in, yet.
The rise can be adjusted to three different settings and I really like the elasticity of the waist tabs, as they help achieve the perfect fit. The pocket has a very large opening making it extremely easy to stuff the insert in. There is also a slot cover which prevents the insert from “peeking” out and wetting baby. It also comes with two inserts: a newborn and a one size. We use them both when it comes to nighttime diapering for extra absorption. Overall, I think the BumGenius 4.0 is a great pocket diaper!
I also wanted to comment on my experience with Happy Cotton Tails. Their site is really easy to navigate and everything is broken down into categories, making it very easy to find what you are looking for. The checkout process was simple and I received an email confirmation instantly. What really impressed me was that I received another email the same day saying my order had shipped, and I received it within a couple of days. It was super fast! I also received a sample packet of Rockin Green Soap. Score!
Check out Happy Cotton Tails to purchase your own BumGenius 4.0, or various other brands of cloth diapers!
One lucky winner will receive a BumGenius 4.0 courtesy of Happy Cotton Tails!
- Follow the Happy Cotton Tails blog via GFC. +1 Entry
- Follow this blog via Google Friend Connect and/or Networked Blogs. +1 Entry each
- Like Soleil Selene and/or this giveaway (using the button at the bottom of this post) on Facebook. +1 Entry each
- Write this on the Happy Cotton Tails Facebook wall: Thanks for sponsoring the giveaway on Soleil Selene: http://hergoodlife.com/?p=2687 +1 Entry
- Follow @SoleilSelene and/or @HappyCottonTail on Twitter. +1 Entry
- Tweet and/or Share this giveaway using the button at the bottom of this post. Leave permalink. +1 Entry each/day
- Grab the Cloth Diapering Mama button (see sidebar). Leave the URL to where you placed it. +5 Entries
- Link up to the Cloth Diapering Mama Directory. Leave name/blog listed. +5 Entries
Open to US only. This giveaway will end on March 30, 2011 at 8:59 pm PST. Winner will be chosen at random and will have 48 hours to respond to my email before another winner is chosen.
Disclosure: I received a BumGenius 4.0 at no cost to me for the sole purpose of this review. Opinions here are my own.