My Bazaar Bizarre Craft Booth Display

This past weekend was the Holiday Bazaar Bizarre in San Francisco. It was my first craft show and it was a blast! I had so much fun hanging out with my bestie, Venice, and my sister, Jo. The best part was my simply lovely booth! It was super purdy. Don’t believe me? See it for yourself….

Soleil Selene Booth

My backdrop was made out of PVC pipe (by my awesome brother-in-law, Ralphie) and measured 10ft wide and 7ft high. I used Vivian curtains (hemmed by my mother-in-law, Maritza) from IKEA for both my backdrop and side partitions. I had two side partitions that measured 6 ft wide and 4 ft tall, which were also made out of PVC pipe. I didn’t want to fully enclose myself in my booth with full partitions on each side and decided that shorter side partitions would be best. And, it worked perfectly to give my side table a nice clean, white backdrop.

Soleil Selene Booth

My sign was put together by me using Photoshop. I had it printed on poster board at Costco, punched two holes in it and hung it from my backdrop using shower curtain hooks.

Soleil Selene Booth

I purchased my necklace display from Artisan Wood Crafting on Etsy. He was such a pleasure to work with. I sent him a sketch of what I had in mind and he did the rest!

Soleil Selene Booth

My headband display was made out of PVC pipe that measured 2 ft long and had a diameter of 6 inches. I used spray adhesive to cover it in fabric. The stand was made by my brother-in-law, Ralphie, (Yes, he helped out A LOT!) and is clear plastic. The vintage glass head was purchased off Etsy. The double bloom headbands were simply displayed on the empty space on the table.

Soleil Selene Booth

My display for brooches was made by my awesome brother-in-law, Ralphie (I told you he did A LOT!). It was a metal display spray-painted white with wire running across it. I used wooden clothespins to hang my brooches. We both didn’t like it at first, but it turned out to be the perfect display!

Soleil Selene Booth

My hair clips were displayed on the empty space at my necklace table. These ended up being my biggest seller!

Soleil Selene Booth

The mannequins were all purchased off Ebay (the cheapest place I could find them!) and the mirrors were purchased from IKEA. I had originally bought several other items to decorate my table, but decided that I wanted a clean simple look to my booth. I’m so glad I decided not to use them. I think it turned out beautifully!

Soleil Selene Booth

On the second day, we decided to push our main table forward, which worked out nicely because we had our own little area to sit and relax at the back of the booth. Sorry for the terrible pic. The sun was shining right on our booth, which made for terrible lighting. I’m really proud of my booth and was even more flattered when people were stopping to take pictures of it. :)

So what do you think?

Special thanks to Ralphie, Venice, Jo, Paul, and AR for all your help this past weekend. You guys rock!

Comments

1. says

Your booth looked absoultely amazing!!!!! I’m so proud of you and I’m so glad that you did it! Isn’t it such an awesome feeling!!!!! Congrats girlie! I can’t wait to get my rosette necklaces in the mail!!!!!

2. says

it looks amazing and i actually LOVE the sunlight picture. you are my rolled rosette hero. wish i could’ve spent those 2 days with you helping. did you wear a cute apron complete with your own headband, necklace, brooch??

3. says

Your booth looks great! Nice and clean look. I like the idea of the side partitions shorter than the backdrop. Awesome job on everything!Hope you had a great show :)
    Veronica

4. Venice says

Everything was great expect the sun (which blinded us for like an hour).

5. says

Holy crud it’s so beautiful! I can’t get over how professional the entire display is… of course I showed my daughters and Moi was like…”Hey, I want to go to her shop!” Ya think? :D Love it!

6. says

Your booth is beautiful! I love how clean and organized it is! Thank you for sharing. I have tried looking for booth images to get ideas and they hard to find. Your products are beautiful too!

7. Erin says

I love your booth, I definitely would have stopped by if I had been there!

8. says

Your booth is gorgeous! I love it!

So after having done this once, will you be doing it again next year or getting into more craft shows? Just curious because I know you were really nervous about the expenses and if it would be worth it.

I sure hope it was a huge success for you!

• Dawn says

Great job on your booth! It looked amazing.

Looks like Amber is trying to break into the crafting world and started a new crafting blog with a tagline similar to yours. And you’ll get a kick outta this Emilie, her blog name is 3 Kids Plus Us. Just when Cat decided to rebrand!

• says

That is interesting Dawn!

While I know there are only so many blog names out there, when a new blogger picks a name that is very similar to a very established blog it is hard not to suspect that they are looking to capitalize on confusion. While I know that Cat is in the process of rebranding, her page is still 3 kids and us.

Another established blogger friend of mine dealt with this recently where the name was the EXACT same except used MOM instead of MAMA. She had to use legal action to get her to change it. What was suspect was that she had commented on my friends’ blog before so she knew what she was doing. It didn’t change much but it helped since several people in PR had mentioned they mistook the new blog for hers. So frustrating!

• says

Yes, I’m definitely going to do more craft shows! I had a ton of fun and really enjoyed the interaction with the customers. I also really liked getting to know the other vendors. :)

• says

It is a great way to learn what are strong sellers when you see so much traffic and also get a feel for what people are looking for that you may not make yet. I’d love to see you embellish other items such as scarves. (I have a thing for scarves.) :)

Not to copy another vendor, but to give you an idea of something I’ve purchased myself that seems like your style: http://www.etsy.com/transaction/39920540

• says

It’s funny because my biggest seller online wasn’t my biggest seller at the show. Yes, my plan for the New Year is to start embellishing other items with rosettes and blooms. Love that scarf! :)

9. says

What a beautiful booth you and your family have created from some pretty inexpensive materials (IKEA and PVC pipe both rock!). I included one of your photos on a Pinterest board.

10. Erin says

I love your booth. It looks great. I also sell headbands and I love the PVC pipe display. Any chance your brother-in-law would be willing to share his secret on how he made the rack for the headband display. My husband is pretty handy and I’m sure he could do it. I’d be really grateful.

11. sara chapados says

Your booth looks amazing! I found you through a google search and am so glad I did. Thanks for sharing your pics! Wow!!
    My question is actually exactly the same as Erin’s just above my comment. I sell fabric headbands and the rack for the display would be a wonderful bonus for my product. If you could share any of the process, materials needed, that would be greatly appreciated!!!

12. Mary says

I love your booth; you are very resourceful and certaintly have a Flair!
    I do have a question, if you would be so kind as to share…. how did your brother-in-law ancher the PVC backdrop at floor level??
    Good luck to you with your future. Your products are wonderful !

• says

I have no idea how to explain it, but at the bottom the two side pipes he created a small square with PVC pipes. Then I placed boxes on top of it so my backdrop wouldn’t fall over. You can’t see it because it’s hidden behind the table. You can also notice that the middle of my backdrop was slightly sinking in the center. If we were to do it again, I would reinforce with a pipe in the center. HTH!

13. says

Leilani, where did you get the rolled headband holders? I have made a bunch, but not with stands, and I think I need the stands. I am crafty but not very good with a drill hammer or nails. By the way I love your display, I am hoping to do the Bazaar Bizarre next year.
    Take care and Thanks for sharing your booth.

14. Sheila May Ngan says

Your booth looks nice and orgaanized. So clean and easy on the eyes too. (“,) may i ask the size/dimensions of the booth?

15. says

I love the way you incorporated the clothespins and wire display! All together looks amazing! Congratulations :]

Trackbacks