Ellie’s First Day of Preschool

Last night I couldn’t sleep. I had so much anxiety thinking about Ellie’s first day of preschool. This morning I woke up early, picked out her clothes, ironed her top, prepared her snack, and made sure I had all the necessary paperwork completed and ready to go.

First Day of PreSchool

Outfit from Tea Collection

It’s such a big day for her and as I dressed her up this morning she said, “Mommy, I’m so excited for my first day of school!”

First Day of PreSchool

I think Isabel and I are having a harder time being away from Ellie, than Ellie is having being away from us. Isabel was pretty sad to leave her sister at school and has already commented several times this morning that she misses her sister.

First Day of PreSchool

It’s now 10am. I only have two more hours before I pick her up, but the time seems to be going by so slowly. I miss her dearly. I’ll be honest, I had to stop myself from crying this morning. Yes, I’m one of those moms. Even if she is literally just up the street (only a few minutes away), it’s still hard.

Comments

1. Tammy S says

Some of life’s biggest moments are harder for us then they are for our kids. I still took a picture on the front porch the first day of school when my son was a senior in high school. It was so hard for me not to cry that day also.

2. says

There was no separation anxiety with my daughter when she started preschool, on either side (LOL), but now that she’s older and will be heading off to college next year this mama is already feeling really, really weepy!

3. Janet W. says

Aww they are both precious! Just know that she needs that time at school to become more independent.

4. says

Well, I cried the entire day my son started Kindergarten. Really. But being away from us and learning and trying new experiences around different people is good for them. :) She’s just too cute!

5. says

Aww I cried the first day of preschool for my boys (and school for the girl, she never went) and then cried again when they got to the point of not needing me anymore when they went in LOL

6. says

I’m also one of those moms. I was shocked when, years ago, we dropped off my oldest at Kindergarten and her sister cried more than I did. It was truly a moment of pure love!

7. says

Oh my goodness! These pictures are adorable. Preschool is such a big milestone. I am glad to see she was so happy about it.

Trackbacks

1. […] At the beginning of the year, we moved to a house right across the street from my in-laws. We went from a tiny 2-bedroom apartment to a spacious 3-bedroom house. A couple weeks later, we enrolled Eleanor in preschool. […]