34 Week Bumpdate

34 Weeks Pregnant

Part of me is extremely excited that in just under 6 weeks I will be holding my son in my arms. I know he’ll be here in no time. The other part of me? Well, the other part is screaming, 6 more weeks?!? You’ve got to be kidding me! Six weeks seems so far away.

I am extremely slow nowadays. I trail behind everywhere we go. I just don’t have the energy to keep up with a normal walking speed. Paul even commented on how I waddle like penguin when I walk. Yes, I waddle and I am okay with that.

I only recently realized that I have cankles. Paul told me I’ve been having cankles, I just never paid attention to it. He even said my legs look like sausages. I honestly can’t believe how swollen I am and can just see myself looking like a balloon about to explode by the end of this pregnancy. And I am okay with that, too. I remember looking like that when I was pregnant with Isabel.

I also feel like I’m carrying this baby pretty low. I try to wear my maternity support belt, but I just find it so uncomfortable when I’m constantly moving from a sitting and standing position.

I have also moved to sleeping on the couch full-time now. No more king-sized bed for this short momma. Trying to get me, my short legs and huge belly in and out of that bed every night was a PITA. We have a pretty low couch and it makes those countless trips to the bathroom in the middle of the night much less painful and inconvenient. And because Paul is such an awesome husband, he brought the girls’ beds out into the living room and we have a huge family sleepover every night. The girls love it!

Now when Baby Parquer moves around I find myself grimacing in pain. While I still enjoy feeling him move around because it just reassures me that he’s healthy and active, his moves are becoming more and more uncomfortable for me. Like I said, six weeks seems so far away.

Happy Monday!

p.s. Since Google Reader is kaput, don’t forget to transfer this feed to Feedly (my personal favorite) or follow along with Bloglovin.

Comments

1. says

I never felt you were carrying very low until seeing this week’s pic. I think you’ve dropped and can’t believe you’re already in the home stretch!

• says

Lol. I told him to be completely honest with me, so it wasn’t mean-spirited at all. I hope it goes by super fast, too!

2. says

Oh momma, I feel your pain! I was super pregnant with my youngest in the dead of summer. He was huge, and I carried low. I was miserable, in pain and just wanted the kid out. Let’s hope the next couple of weeks go by really fast.

3. says

I know 6 weeks seems so far away, but it will be here in no time. I hope the next 6 weeks is more comfortable and pain-free for you!

4. says

You’re in the home stretch now Mama, hang in there! I can’t wait until we get to virtually meet Baby Parquer!

5. says

I hated when I started to waddle. lol. I would purposely try not to so I wouldn’t be that typical preggo woman. lol

6. says

It seems like it was just yesterday you told us you were pregnant (I’m sure it doesn’t seem like that to you LOL)

7. says

How sweet that you get to have living room sleepovers! Sounds like a better solution for you to be on the couch now anyway. You’re getting so close!

8. says

I so feel you. The heat is a killer with the swelling. You definitely aren’t alone. It’s so SO close though and although you probably don’t feel it, you look so so cute!!